Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow



Ok....so my after picture is terrible, and I would like to blame bad lighting? As many of you are probably wondering, why would she cut her hair so short? Well....when I was pregnant with Ethan since my hair was so healthy and growing so well, I decided this was the perfect opportunity to grow it out and cut it to be donated to an organization that would use it to make a wig for a very deserving cancer patient. My roommate in college did it twice and I have never had good enough hair to do it. Finally, 2 weeks ago I measured the ponytail and it was just at 9 inches so I made my appointment. This is the shortest my hair has ever been and it's definitely an adjustment, but I am SO excited to finally get to do something for a cause that is so dear to my heart. So pardon the TERRIBLE after pics.....maybe someday soon I'll get a cuter one, but I couldn't do this post incomplete.

7 comments:

Megan said...

Love the haircut and what a wonderful thing to do. My mom donated her hair several years ago. That is awesome, Lindsey!

Did you make it to the paper sale last weekend?

The Haywoods said...

Love the short hair! (And the picture isn't bad either).

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

that is so cool! love it that you finally got to do it. know you wanted to for a while! haven't seen you with hair that short in forever! looks very cute!

The Bradford's said...

I forgot to tell you last night when we talked that I really like your hair cut. What an awesome thing to be able to do for others!!!

The Ward Family said...

Very posh...I love it!
Now, it will be harder for Ethan to pull it and someone will have increased confidence when they have a beautiful new wig.

Meredith said...

You totally stole my idea-HA! I've got to have 8 inches, and I'm trying to get it a couple more inches before the big cut.

I LOVE it! You look great. Now I am really looking forward to cutting mine off.

Julie said...

Your hair looks great! What a wonderful thing to do. I wish I could cut my hair that short so Aiden wouldn't pull on it all the time and try to eat it!