Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1st Stitches

look at me! i got 4 stitches! yea!!!
proud to show off his battle wound
sleeping it out...this is how Ethan gets to feeling better :)

Last Friday Ethan and I were having our morning routine where he plays in our room while I get ready for work. He had his milk in his hand, and unfortunately he inherited my clumsiness b/c he lost his balance and tripped into one of my dressers. The drawer handle hit his little head just right and split it open. So I panicked, called 911 b/c his head was bleeding and it's my first real emergency! The firemen and EMT's were here in less than 5 minutes and Ethan was just playing with them and being so excited to have his new friends there. They said he looked fine and it was up to me if I wanted them to take me to children's, go on my own the children's, or just go see my pediatrician.....so we did the latter. Dr. Paulus said he needed stitches because it was in his hair line and it would heal up perfectly....so there you have it...Ethan's 1st scar. (1st of many I'm sure)

2 comments:

Megan said...

Poor little guy! Girl I would've panicked, too. Glad that Ethan is all smiles.

Rebecca (Sam's wife) said...

oh man! glad he is ok and boys will be boys! i can only imagine that i would have been freaking out too. i can't even think about it!